The types of personal information we may collect and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with us and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that we may collect personal information include:
- You may provide personal information directly to us through interacting with our website or social media properties, participating in surveys, during events, and requesting products, services or information from us. (the "Services")
- Certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of processing. Below are the ways we collect personal information and how we use it.
We collect personal information regarding current, prospective, and former clients, customers, users, visitors, guests, and employees (collectively “Individuals”).
Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with us, requesting information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Purchases. When you purchase our products, you must provide us with personal information, such as your name, email address, address that are associated with your debit/credit card. Please note that we do not store credit/debit card numbers.
- Communications with Us. We may also collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our products and Services, register for a newsletter, contact customer service or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys or in-person interviews and focus groups. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys or interviews is provided by you voluntarily. We may use such information to improve our products, Sites and/or services and in any manner consistent with the policies provided herein.
- Posting on the Site. We collect information you post through our site. For example, when you interact with other users or our site by posting a review or other materials, the Site will collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any Personal Information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of our Site, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences. To the extent devices transmit location data through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals, we may also collect this data.
- Promotion and Giveaways. Occasionally we will partner with Third Parties on social media and online channels to sponsor giveaways and promotions. Terms and conditions will accompany each giveaway and promotion, and it is the responsibility of all entrants to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies carefully. If you choose to share your information in order to participate in a giveaway or promotion, your entry information may be shared with such Third Parties.
- Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through Third-Party services and organizations, which may supplement information provided by you. This supplemental information can allow us to verify information that you have provided to us and enhances our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services. For example, if you access Third-Party services, such as Facebook or Twitter, to share information about your experience with us, we may collect information from these Third-Party services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested: We may use information about you to fulfill requests for products or information, including to:
- Generally manage Individual information and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain functionalities and features of our products;
- Allow you to register for events.
Administrative Purposes: We may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in our products;
- Develop new products;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on our systems, and, in our discretion, changes to any of our policies;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment for products or services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Comply with regulatory requirements, including collecting and using information relating to adverse effects you have experienced when using our products;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
Marketing Our Products: We may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers and products that may be of interest. We may provide you with these materials via online social platforms, websites, phone, text/SMS, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide products to you and our sponsors;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
- Research and Development: We may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products or develop new products and Services. From time to time, we may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third-Party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
- Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from Third Parties, may receive periodic emails, referral offers, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on our or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the Individual by following the instructions below.
- Other Uses. We may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your browser (with your permission) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders by contacting customer service.
You have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to our Processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out to further Processing by contacting email@example.com. Even if you opt-out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Sites and/or information from the advertisements on Third-Party websites for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt-out of receiving future emails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Note that you will continue to receive transaction-related emails regarding products or services you have purchased. We may also send you certain communications regarding our and our Services and you will not be able to opt out of those communications (e.g., communications regarding updates to our Terms of Service or this Policy). We will provide opt-out notices to third parties who may contact you on our behalf in accordance with this Policy. While we will endeavor to ensure that you are removed from any such contact lists, we cannot guarantee that this will occur (for example, if your Information is provided to the third party through another advertiser whose communications you have elected to receive and not opted out).
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here.
Where we process your personal information based on our legitimate interest and no opt-out mechanism is available to you, you may exercise your right to object by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We host our website through servers maintained by a reputable third party. As we are not ultimately in control of the security of these servers servers, we are not responsible for any breaches of these servers that may lead to the unauthorized distribution of your personal information. A variety of security measures have, however, been implemented to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and this website is Level 1 PCI compliant.